Saturday, September 21, 2013

Chili..Chili..Chili





What's for lunch? Paleo Chili and black bean chips.
I found this recipe on Paleo On A Budget. In case you're
wondering...I'm not eating totally Paleo....just healthy...
and there are a lot of healthy Paleo recipes out there.

This recipe suggested putting all the raw ingredients in
a crock pot but I always like to pour off any grease when
I use hamburger so I made this on the stove top and then
put it in the crockpot on low for eight hours. It also
called for two chicken breasts but I felt like that was a little much.

This Chili was YUMMY! I froze cup size servings in freezer
bags to pull out as needed.

I also made a few changes to the recipe:

1 1/2 lbs ground beef
1 medium onion - chopped
3 carrots - sliced
1/2 med bag frozen green beans
1- 28 oz can crushed tomato
14 oz Tomato Puree
2 tbsp chili powder
1/2 tsp thyme & oregano
1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasoning
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar

I'll definitely be making this again.




2 comments:

Just Jubby said...

Oooh, this looks yummy Jody - just might have to try it :)

just jody said...

I really liked it and will definitely make it again. Thanks for visiting!