Monday, March 10, 2014

Margaret


I've always loved this picture of my cousin standing
in front of our grandmother's house. I practiced a little
photoshop wizardry to blur the background and add
 a little texture then scanned in an old letter..printed it..
cut it in strips and rescanned the strips in two lots. I 
spent a goodly amount of time selecting and making 
each strip into a png before adding all sixteen layers
of letter to the photo. It seemed to call for a dark frame
to keep with the vintage feel so I added the black frame 
using Camera+ on my iPad. I love the way it turned out.

Here's the story behind the letter….on one of my junkin'
trips I was thrilled to find a keep sake book from 1939. 
It's full of letters and mementos of Miss Zelda Shutt.
This particular letter was written to her by her niece
and the child like handwriting was the reason I 
chose it for this piece…and I was intrigued by the
whole 'quarantined for scarlet fever' thing.



No comments: