Friday, November 9, 2012

out of sorts.......

 
 please accept my apologies for being such an awful blogger....
i've been out of sorts....
things have been a little too "heavy" in my world lately.
i know in the grand scheme of things there are those far worse off
than myself....among them the poor Sandy victims.

we all handle stress differently....my way is usually:
long walks...
quiet reflection...
silence...
silence...
silence...

sometimes the burden of always being the one expected
to spin lead into gold becomes overwhelming...
no one sings my life like Van...


Philosophers Stone
Van Morrison

Out on the highways and the by-ways all alone

I'm still searching for... searching for my home

Up in the morning... up in the morning ...out on the road

and my head is aching... and my hands are cold

And I'm looking for the silver lining... silver lining in the clouds

and I'm searching for...

and I'm searching for...

the philosophers stone

And it's a hard road... it's a hard road... daddy-o

when my job is turning lead into gold

He was born in the back street, born in the back street... Jelly Roll

I'm on the road again and I'm searching for

the philosophers stone

Can you hear that engine

Woe... can you hear that engine drone

well I'm on the road again and I'm searching for...

searching for the philosophers stone



Up in the morning... up in the morning

when the streets are white with snow

It's a hard road... it's a hard road ...daddy-o

Up in the morning,...up in the morning

out on the job

Well you've got me searching for

searching for... the philosophers stone

Even my best friends... even my best friends...they don't know

that my job is turning lead into gold

When you hear that engine... when you hear that engine drone

I'm on the road again and I'm searching for the philosophers stone



It's a hard road... even my best friends ...they don't know

and I'm searching for... searching for...

 the philosophers stone.




(hidden vintage digital elements)






3 comments:

Just Jubby said...

Sorry to hear that times have been tough for you lately Jody. No matter the timing - is always great to read your blogs! Take care.

Laura Farrow said...

it must be in the air... or stars. i'm there with ya.

just jody said...

Thanks Jubby...hope things are well in your part of the world.

Laura...it does seem like lots of folks are going thru bad times lately. Hope things improve for you.

Thanks for visiting!