Thursday, November 22, 2012

mizz unconventional does thanksgiving.....

i have more to be thankful for than anyone would
care to read about...so...let me say how thankful i am
for my new cookbooks!

I just got Home Made and Home Made Winter by
yvette van boven.....such LOVELY books.


the recipes and the photos are to die for!
everything is fresh...made from scratch...
even how-to's for making your own
cheese...butter...yogurt...and sausage.


i'm looking forward to trying some of her
soups...breads...and flavored butters on
the upcoming winter days.

being the unconventional person that i am...
my thanksgiving meal was a spinach quiche (my
own recipe) with creme fraiche and a little
spinach/artichoke spread on the side. and for
dessert i made her white chocolate coffee. i
 improvised some and used chopped white chocolate
 chips and a packet of starbucks via...ready brewed
iced coffee. i put the heavy cream with a 
spot of sugar and vanilla in my "magic
bullet" to whip up the cream. had this
wonderful concoction and a couple of 
key lime cookies to top off my meal.
YUM!

being the glutton that i am...now i'm
waiting for Home Made Summer...
due out next may.


and let me also add that among the
many things that i count as blessings
are you....my "cyber" friends.
sending each and every one of you
healing and peaceful energy this
thanksgiving day....
aho...

No comments: