Tuesday, September 1, 2009

ancient highways

hello again...........

well, i've survived my yearly bout of wonderlust.......the call of ancient highways.....the whisper of a past sage.... soft in my ear......beckoning me.....where?........i don't know.....only that there is a space out there somewhere that is missing my exact shape.....waiting for me to complete the picture. it's harder each year.... as i age.... to turn a deaf ear to the call....to resist the pull.

i turned a year older last week. i've spent a lot of time lately thinking of the past.....of good times.....and bad....missed opportunities......past loves.....mistakes i've made.........hurts i've caused.....things i've given up to please others........so many things i wish i'd done differently.......always running away.........still running away. i remember my mom talking about when i was a small child. i ran away daily......daily! even then........

it's stormy times in my soul lately.......it feels like the picture above........swirling clouds engulfing me in their mists..........my saving grace?........look closely at the picture........on the right......there's an angel blowing his trumpet........playing beautiful music........always music .......i'll bet it's a van morrison tune...........

No comments: