Saturday, December 7, 2013

Drum roll please……...

I posted a while back about painting cloth to make my youngest a
cuff bracelet. The cloth painting was the easy part….the sewing
….not so much! But I've been practicing free motion sewing…


For about a week I ranted…raved…cussed…and generally
ran my blood pressure up trying to get the sewing machine
to work. I finally got a friend to come show me what I was
doing wrong and found out the machine was broken….well
duh…but glad to know it wasn't just me! She gave me a 
loaner and I've now become an EXPERT thread untangler. 
I AM getting better…..

This is a cuff from Alisa Burkes book…Sew Wild…that
I based my cuff on…


And here's the one I finally finished…..


Thank goodness I was going for the "messy" sewing look!
She'll like it anyway 'cause it has her chillrens on it!

No comments: