Sunday, January 1, 2012

ediths house

how did you celebrate the new year? i had a 'couple' of glasses of wine and worked in my studio until around 10:30 or so. there's an old beat up recliner that lives in that room...up against the window....beneath some oak leaf shaped tea lights. after i finished puttering around i turned out all the lights...laid back in that ol' chair and listened to the moonlight tap on my window. there was a bazillion stars out last night....and as i sat taking in all that beauty i hoped that i'd see a shooting star......at 11:25....yep.......A SHOOTING STAR! .....and i made a wish.....and welcomed the new year in from one of my favorite places. shortly after twelve i went outside and stood beside my studio window.....soaking up the moon glow and the stars glitter...and thanked the universe for another year..........

i started off this new year with paint on my hands.....spent the morning on this piece.....ediths house.

2 comments:

Sally Tharpe Rowles said...

Nice jody.... What a lovely way to begin the new year. I bought a new sketchbook & pencils yesterday.... Last night I went to a new years eve yoga class that started at 10 pm & ended in meditation at midnight. It was also a lovely way to celebrate new beginnings. I made the first sketch in my new sketchbook this morning. Happy 2012!

just jody said...

Thanks Sally.....yoga and meditation....what a wonderful way to see in the new year. I've promised myself to do some daily sketching but I've broken that promise so many times it probably won't happen this year either. I think the most important thing is to do SOMETHING artful each day...even if it's only viewing the world with an artists eye. Thanks for visiting!