Friday, June 26, 2009

a stroll in the gloaming

it has been a day of heat and humidity......not unusual in my little part of the world. i found myself lucky enough to spend most of the day indoors so after a light supper i needed to drift about the yard and take in the colors and smells of summer. my four o'clocks come back bigger and prettier each year.

these daylillies were pass-alongs.....don't we love those! i like their mellow shades of yellow.
this is actually the limelight hydrangea.....although she looks like annabelle here.....i had an annabelle but she succumbed to the heat last summer.


i think my lettuce looks too pretty to eat but i sure have enjoyed the salads.....especially now that i'm getting a few fresh tomatoes.


.......and my foxtail fern......poor ole girl is still sitting in the pot i brought her home in.... it must take very little to please her......she seems to be thriving.


i can't imagine a world bereft of flowers.....their different beauties...their smells.....the textures.......sleep tight, my 'chillrens'........don't let the bedbugs bite.

No comments: