Thursday, March 12, 2009

keeper of the memories

i'm a collector of old pictures..........other folks memories. i scour flea markets.........yard sales........you name it.........looking for them. i happened to mention this to a coworker and she told me i should look at her family pictures......as luck would have it........she is her family's keeper of the memories. now i don't know about you....but....on my personal family pictures.....and those i collect.....names and dates are few and far between...... not so with the pictures she brought me. whomever passed her the family torch did an absolutely amazing job of not only names and dates.........but whole stories in the albums......and she let me scan them for my files! christmas in march! as a way to say thanks i used a couple of her pictures to make her this mixed media collage. i hope she enjoys it as much as i've enjoyed the glimpses into her family history.

No comments: