Wednesday, December 24, 2008

merry christmas

i hope each and every one of you have a merry christmas and santa is very good to you (he ALWAYS brings me bills!). here is an excerpt expressing my wishes for you this christmas eve from a christmas poem written by fra giovanni. it is from one of tasha tudors books :



take joy



I salute you! There is nothing I can give you which you have not;
but there is much, that while I cannot give, you can take.
No heaven can come to us unless our hearts find rest in it today.
Take Heaven.
No peace lies in the future which is not hidden in this present instant.
Take Peace.
The gloom of the world is but a shadow,
behind it, yet, within our reach, is joy.
Take Joy.
And so, at this Christmas time, I greet you,
with the prayer that for you,
now and forever, the day breaks
and the shadows flee away.








1 comment:

Carla said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours! (lovely poem, and cards)