Monday, June 21, 2010

...a bowl of summertime

"steep thyself in a bowl of summertime...."
~virgil



nothing quite says summertime here in the south like a good tomato sandwich

....with tomatoes fresh from the garden.


on this first day of summer i had my first BLT with a

tomato still warm from the garden.....


i always eat pepperidge farm 15 grain whole wheat bread


....except for tomato sandwiches


brings back memories of my childhood


when EVERYONE ate white bread....plenty of mayonnaise....salt & pepper.....


yum!

4 comments:

Lola said...

Boy, I just ate but that sure looks good. I love them mater "sanwiches".

just jody said...

it slid down pretty easy...lola! nice start to the summer! thanks for visiting....

Anca Pandrea said...

Tomatoes from the garden, yummy. I visited grandma today, so I know exactly what you are talking about :)

just jody said...

nothing like a garden fresh tomato sandwich, anka, especially from grandmas!